Rachel Tyler, BSc, PGCE, ResEx, Diploma in Pilates
Following my first pregnancy and the Caesarian section that followed, I experienced terrible lower back pain. A physiotherapist suggested that I try Pilates classes. He said that Pilates was like a series of physiotherapeutic exercises designed to realign the body. I was warned that it would be an unusual experience – a class that did not make me sweat that was in reality working me hard! But since then I have never looked back.
Within a few weeks I noticed the positive changes within my body and, crucially, a new strength. I became pregnant with twin boys soon after my first child was born, and was carrying 14lbs of baby by my 7th month. I relied on Pilates to get me through the pregnancy and to rehabilitate my body afterwards. My body was put under real pressure and practising Pilates made all the difference.
I became completely hooked, qualified as a Pilates instructor and then as a Restorative Exercise Specialist under Katy Bowman of the Nutritious Movement Institute.
- Restorative Exercise Specialist certification from Nutritious Movement
- Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Fully trained in Pre/Post-Natal Exercise
- Pelvic Floor training – Pfilates and other workshops
- Myofascial Release Techniques training with Carolyn Anthony
- Psoas workshop with Liz Koch
- Healthy feet course with Nutritious Movement
- Hidden Kyphosis course with Nutritious Movement
- The Roll Model Method with Jill Miller
- Finding Centre – Anatomy in Motion with Gary Ward
- Member of the Register of Exercise Professionals
- Member of the Guild of Pregnancy & Postnatal Exercise Instructors
- Public Liability Insurance
- First Aid Certification